2016-Present: Doctor of Philosophy in Learning Analytics, Connected Intelligence Centre, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
2012-2013: Master of Science in Information Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CGPA 4.15/5)
2006-2010: Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, India (First Class with Distinction)
Online Course Certifications:
- Machine Learning
- LINK5.10x: Data, Analytics, and Learning
- 6.00.1x: Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python
- 2017 Spring and Autumn semesters: Teaching team member – Masters of Data Science and Innovation, UTS (Part-time)
Subject tutor for ‘36106: Data, Algorithms and Meaning’ involving regular engagement and tutoring students in data science programming
- 2016: Research Project Officer, UTS (Part-time)
Research Assistant working on quantitative and text analysis of data from a writing benchmarking project
- Jul 2013 – Aug 2016: Research Associate, National Institute of Education – Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (Full-time)
Research work on projects involving learning analytics and developing 21st-century competencies (teamwork, in particular) in Singapore school education.
- Jul 2010 – Jun 2012: Programmer Analyst, Cognizant Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, India (Full-time)
Software programming for projects from the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence domain.
Scholarships and Awards
- Funding to attend the Doctoral Consortium at LAK 2018 Conference (SOLAR, 2018)
- Vice Chancellor’s Conference Fund (UTS, 2017)
- APSCE Merit Scholarship (ICCE, 2017)
- Tamil Nadu Government Merit Certificate (India, 2004)
Membership and roles
- 2018: 2 Invited Reviews for the Journal of Computer Assisted Learning
- 2018: Program Committee member & Reviewer for the sub-conference – C2: Learning Sciences and Computer Supported Collaborative Learning at the 26th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2018)
- 2018 – Current: Member of the Board of Studies for the Connected Intelligence Centre, UTS.
- 2018: Reviewer for the 13th International Conference on the Learning Sciences (ICLS 2018).
- 2018: Program Committee member and Reviewer for the 8th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (LAK 2018).
- 2017: Reviewer for Eye Tracking Enhanced Learning: A workshop on eye-tracking experiences in educational technology research. Collocated with the 12th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2017 ,Tallinn, Estoni.
- 2017, 2018: Student member of the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SOLAR).
- 2017: Student member of the Asia Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE).
- 2016, June: Volunteer Coordinator for the 12th International Conference of the Learning Sciences organized by National Institute of Education, NTU, Singapore from 20th to 24th June 2016.
- 2015 June: Strand Coordinator for the strand ‘IT in Education’ in the Redesigning Pedagogy International Conference organized by National Institute of Education, NTU, Singapore from 2nd to 4th June 2015.
- 2013: Student Volunteer for the Newsplex Asia launch event by Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 2009-2010: Editorial Board Member of Undergraduate College.
- 2006-2010: Member of the Indian Society for Technical Education, IEEE.
- 2003: State Governor’s Rajyapuraskar ‘Girl Guide’ from the Bharat Scouts and Guides Movement, India.